Wednesday, December 12, 2012

My Cup of Tea socks by Robin Lynn

My Cup of Tea Socks by Robin Lynn

My Cup of Tea socks are worked top down on dpn’s. Inspiration for these socks came from the “crocuses” pattern (p. 60) The Stitch Collection Book 5/Specialty Stitches by Debbie O’Neill.

The design is pretty but practical, following a basic sock pattern but with a 24-stitch (12 row repeat) motif added down the front.

It is written with a 64-stitch cast-on, but can be easily modified for fit using your favorite basic sock pattern formula. The motif ends before the toe to make the socks comfortably worn inside shoes.

The sample socks were knit up with undyed panda sock yarn from WC Mercantile that I crock-pot dyed using an assortment of tea bags, resulting in both lovely and fragrant yarn ~ aromatherapy knitting ~ just my cup of tea!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment